Introducing the iGuard Micro Care Environment
In recent years the focus has shifted from building more care facilities in order to safely house seniors over to bringing the care into the senior’s home. Aging in place in their homes has proven to be the best for everyone as it keeps peace in the family, keeps husbands and wives together and can add many years to a senior’s life. But more importantly it provides dignity to our aging family members.
It’s the best and most cost-effective long-term strategy. In one U.S. state a study had shown that for every $1 the state government spent to keep a person at home they saved over $50 in other health care areas.
Governments are now realizing that the apartments that seniors stay in must be different than the typical rental apartment. Simply calling it a Seniors Living project because it may be subsidized and it houses seniors doesn’t mean that the building has the proper level of care required for the aging in place. Buildings and suites need increased fire prevention, additional sensors for monitoring the health of seniors as well as functioning as a true seniors housing to the degree that it gives the families the comfort in knowing that their loved ones are safe.
Yes, the sensors and upgrades to Internet infrastructure can be expensive but using the financial findings from that study it is still the most effective way to manage the aging population.
We at iGuardFire recognized this fact and that is why we created the iGuardStove. We utilize a special package of sensors and use unique algorithms to provide as much useful safety and health information that we could fit into it. It’s not just a fire prevention product but is an Interactive Cognitive and Health Care Assessment tool, which creates a My Home Care Environment for the homes of seniors.
Some of the information that the iGuardStove provides is:
- The ability to monitor for Memory Changes over time so levels of care can be modified accordingly
- Uncovers potential sleep disorders like Insomnia, sleepwalking and other dangerous sleep related disorders
- Can detect disorientation issues like Mid-Night Chef syndrome that indicates that Dementia may be in its beginning stages
- It can alert families and caregivers to dangerous mobility issues such as a fall
- It can provide data to ensure that loved ones are in fact using the stove to cook hot nutritional meals on a regular basis. Evidence of disrupted eating patterns can suggest that a more in-depth analysis be performed
- Alerts for these issues can be sent via the Internet to Smart devices for immediate attention
Being able to provide this level of information and insight is very valuable to families and care workers and the iGuardStove provides this at an extremely affordable price. It truly starts to define the senior’s home as an information gathering and safe My Home Care Environment where the aging population can truly find Peace of Mind in a superior Seniors Housing concept.
The iGuardStove is so much more than just a fire prevention product. It’s crucial component to help seniors remain independent and safe at home.
It’s Peace of Mind at its finest.